STEM Ambassadors are a select group of University of Northern Iowa Undergraduate students who are declared science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) majors or minors, including education majors. STEM Ambassadors share their passion about STEM through volunteering and outreach. Each STEM Ambassador represents their home department while working together to represent UNI STEM. STEM Ambassadors assist at on and off-campus events for K-12 students, visiting Community College Students, UNI Students, K-12 educators and the public.
What does a STEM Ambassador do during a semester? In one semester a STEM Ambassador might...
- Participate in STEM Ambassador Orientation/Semester Kick-off
- Participate in 1-3 STEM Ambassador Planning Meetings/Professional Development events
- Assists Home Department with Up-Close Days and/or classroom campus visits
- Attend a STEM event on campus and post about the event to the UNI STEM Facebook Page
- Participate in a Regional STEM Festival, UNI or STEM Day at the Capitol, or another office campus event
What are the benefits of becoming a STEM Ambassador?
- Hone your leadership and communication skills
- Earn a T-shirt and other STEM Ambassador SWAG
- Get to know the faculty in your department
- Volunteer hours look great on a resume
- Opportunities to participate in professional development events
Apply for membership in UNI STEM Ambassadors by completing this form. A letter of recommendation from a faculty member is also required. Incomplete applications will not be considered.