Salary Negotiation Workshop
Sponsored by the University of Northern Iowa
Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
Register Now - Select a Workshop Option
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017 9:30 AM to Noon - Cancelled
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM - Register Here (taking openings through Tuesday morning or full)
Women are paid just 80 cents for every dollar white men are paid. The AAUW Start Smart workshop is designed to empower young professional women with skills and confidence to successfully negotiate their first salary and benefits package. At the workshop you will:
- Learn about the gender pay gap, including its personal consequences
- Practice quantifying the market value of education, skills, and experience
- Learn how to conduct objective market research and determine a fair target salary
- Practice creating a strategic pitch and respond to salary offers
This workshop is open to ALL University of Northern Iowa undergraduate and graduate students and students from Hawkeye Community College and Wartburg College.
Attendance is limited to 40 students per workshop. IF THE MAXIMUM Number of participants have registered, the form will not allow submissions. Please email Roberta Roberts (email@example.com) to be placed on a waiting list, be sure to include your name, email address and which workshop you wish to attend. Waiting list members will be contacted in the event of a cancelation.